Oceanic Art Society Forum | 2019
February 1, 2019 - February 2, 2019$90 – $350
Friday | Location: Australian Museum
Saturday | Location: Art Gallery of New South Wales
Sunday | Location: Art Gallery of New South Wales
Aboriginal and Pacific Art |
Speakers include Maia Nuku (curator, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York), Jonathan Jones (Wiradjuri/Kamilaroi artist and curator) and David Ellis (Director of Museums at the University of Sydney) – see the full program below. The forum dinner will be at the historic Sydney Mint and you can stay on for a FREE Sunday performance by Pacific Islander singers and a program of films from the National Film and Sound Archive.
Friday program takes place at the Australian Museum. Saturday program in the Domain Theatre, AGNSW.
- Full program: $220, or $180 for concessions, members of the Art Gallery Society and the Oceanic Art Society*. Includes morning tea and lunch.
- Full program, plus Saturday night dinner: $350, or $300 for members*.
- Additional dinner tickets: $130
- Price per day: $110, or $90 for concessions, members of the Art Gallery Society and the Oceanic Art Society*. Includes morning tea and lunch.
- On Sunday 3 February the Gallery will host a series of free events including a curator tour of the exhibition Melanesian art: redux, a choir performance and a screening of selected footage from the National Film and Sound Archive. See here for more details.
*Currently enrolled students with a valid ID number can claim the members’ rate. ID will need to be presented at registration on the day.
Main image: Kapriman people, Blackwater River, Papua New Guinea Gable mask from ceremonial house façade mid-1900s (detail) © Kapriman people, under the endorsement of the Pacific Islands Museums Association’s (PIMA) Code of Ethics